Wow, another two weeks passed and before all things pile up before me, I would like to catch up with my train of thanksgivings. If you are like me who is not good at remembering dates, occasions and names, keeping things at hand and jotting them down is very practical and helpful. Let me share my notes these past few days:
- February marks the start of the Foursquare Bible College Extension class openings! Since I now have time to spare for night classes, I grabbed all four subjects offered, three of which I currently take in Marikina extension and the other one I decided to take in Sauyo. Though attending the Sauyo class is more tiresome and challenging, I opted to do such so I can free myself from Saturday classes. No Saturday class means extra time for rest or recreation!
- I am thankful for my weekend biking sessions this past two weeks. Two Sundays ago we went to Antipolo to visit Bongbong (and eat Nanay Mely’s palabok and turon extraordinaire) and just yesterday we went to SM Center Angono, Rizal to, mind you, buy Gatorade (and take pictures, syempre). Haha!
- Last Friday I went to Marikina Sports Park alone to do a few rounds of jogging (and more of walking). That was my first time after long period of hiatus so I find myself still adjusting to it. Hopefully I will able to continue this routine, even at least once a week. Onto a physically fit figure!
- I was tasked to take over the preaching duty for Tumana Foursquare Gospel Church since their pastor is still in the hospital. It was a nice experience though, sharing the Word of God in a different environment. I talked about God’s Kind of Love.
- I really appreciate our Love Day topic on God’s Love shown in the lives of Hosea and Gomer. In spite of all our unfaithfulness and waywardness, it is comforting to realize that the Lord still welcomes us with open arms, longing for us to come back to His loving embrace. In comparison to God’s love, ours is but a mist, a dew in the morning, easily dissolved in the heat of the day. Yet God’s love is everlasting, it will never ever change.
- I challenged myself for a Love Month series where I will be posting FB notes on a daily basis about God’s love notes to us. I find that this is such a huge task to do, and I often see myself working late nights just to finish one post. In fact I failed to write for certain dates. But by faith, I will be able to finish this challenge by the end of the month. First day’s post is about “God Says You Are… Privileged”
- I am trying to be more of a morning person since lately I find myself rushing up every morning so I wouldn’t be late for work. Now that gravity has heavier pull in the morning (not a scientific truth anyway), I really need to work hard on this area. To my consolation, waking up early in the morning is a refreshing experience, but makes me very sleepy on my night classes.
- For the first time this year, I was able to return to my favorite spot in Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain! It is really nice to unload all your emotional baggage and future plans before the Lord and find times of refreshing from His word. I see myself as a kid who runs to his Father, crying without the need to explain anything, just enjoying the embrace of his beloved Father. It was such a nice moment indeed.
- I survived Mt. Pico de Loro! Details soon. Na naman.
- I thank the Lord for gift of friendship. I am glad to have friends whom I can share my frustrations and aspirations in life, and who challenges me to “just be me”. Priceless blessing from the heavens.
There you go, my thanksgivings for the past two weeks. How about you? What are you thankful for?