I seldom take an inventory of my skills ans abilities, much more assess my personality. As far as I can remember, the last time I checked upon my “personality” and “intelligence” was way back February 2008.
Allow me to share 20 things I think people don’t know about me yet. Let’s get started!
1. My name’s Martin, not because of any patron saint or any valiant warrior but simply because I was born on a Tuesday – Martes. Creativity at its best.
2. I should have been named Ezekiel should my parents won over the name war with my lola. Oh, I have posted a separate blog just about this topic 🙂
3. There was a time in my life, during my elementary years, na hindi ako nasundo ng parents ko sa school until midnight! Good thing there was a group of teenage girls who, after their CAT class, took care of me for a couple of hours hanggang sa kailangan na talaga akong iwanan sa baranggay dahil uuwi na rin sila. No, I wasn’t abused of any sort, pero parang pang anime na rin ang eksena. Haha!
4. During elementary years as well, I use to buy La-La chocolates and sell them tingi-tingi sa mga classmates kong babae. Hanggang ngayon iniisip ko pa rin kung magaling nga ba ako magbenta o sadya lang silang utu-uto.
5. My first puppy love brought me places – literally. Para akong batang stalker. Pumupunta ako sa likod bahay ng crush ko, naghihintay ng pagdungaw sa bintana habang kumakanta ako ng mga Jeremiah songs.
6. During one of the lunch breaks, I brought my lunch and we’ve decided to eat together – me, my crush and two other friends. Sa sobrang tawanan, habang kumakain, di ko napigilan yung sarili ko na ibuga sa crush ko yung kanin. Haha! #awkward. Parang gusto kong lumubog sa lupa.
7. I vied for honors, and my rival is, again my crush. Kaya nung nalaman ko na hindi ako ang magiging valedictorian, di ko alam kung matutuwa ba ako o hindi. Haha!
8. My favorite childhood memory ay ang sumayaw ng “Mag-excercise Tayo Tuwing Umaga” at ng “LA Walk” araw-araw. Pinakamasayang bahagi ng buhay elementary.
9. Yung gagala ka sa neighborhood with your toga on kasama ng buong tropa, wearing your ribbons, sampaguita garlands and medal. Squad goals ba kamo? I call that kahihiyan. Hahaha!
10. Drama naman. Prior to highschool, dahil kapos sa pera, kinailangan kong maghugas ng bote para pagdagdag sa enrolment fees. Not just that, nagtinda din ako ng pandesal sa umaga at hot monay sa hapon na wala naman halos bumibili kundi mga kamag-anak rin.
11. During highschool days, I think I have mastered the art of stalking. I always have a ready notebook to jot down the exact time and place I see my crush as well as thr exact conversation that we had, if there’s any. Ang creepy ko pala nun.
12. I have developed my passion to read books during these days. The first book I have enjoyed is the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and later on its sequels. I also had a taste of the classics – Jules Verne’s and Charles Dickens’, of which Tale of Two Cities (not Cuties) is my favorite.
13. During this season, I have also discovered my talent in writing poems and short stories. I was even tagged the “class poet” by my English teacher, which I find offensive then. Siguro dahil sa pagkakasabi niya. Haha! I have written my own version of ‘Click’ and ‘G-Mik’ story and my own ‘dragon-prince-princess’ genre. Ang kaso di ko na alam kung nasaan napunta.
14. I have written a short story titled “A Piece of String”, a requirement for my English class but I intended for my crush to read. However, upon reading it, she just commented, ‘di ko type’. Para na rin akong nabasted. Haha!
15. Sa sobrang kaadikan ko sa computer games, during examination week, while it is prohibited, nagpunta pa rin kami sa computer shop, and poof! May dumating na mga pulis at dinala kami sa baranggay. Kinailangan ko pang manghiram ng nanay sa classmate ko para lang makalabas ng baranggay. Kinabukasan sa flag ceremony, after parangalan ng principal ang mga nagbigay karangalan sa school, kami din ay pinarangalan, “na huwag na huwag kaming tutularan”.
16. It was highschool when I began to attend church regularly. But before that, I have met a friend from the Jehovah’s Witnesses who diligently follows up on me and answers all my questions on life and faith. But God has a better plan.
17. I really wanted to be an Electrical Engineer. But things went insane and I ended up taking Financial and Management Accounting. All I can remember is my shallow reasoning na – “ang ganda kasing pakinggan”.
18. During college, I joined a rally once in my life! Sa Morayta hanggang sa Mendiola sana kundi lang kami naharang ng mga bumbero. Nakakatakot din pala, lalo na kung maiisip mo na baka mapanood ka ng mga magulang mo on national television! Todo iwas kaya ako sa camera ng GMA nun.
19. Ok seryoso na. My greatest desire is to be an influential writer in the field of Christian Literature. In fact I already have a concept for my book but until now I am still trying to make both ends meet to finish it.
20. The most important fact that I want to share is my faith. I am a Christian, and proud to be one. While my previous experiences contradict the faith I have just expressed, I know and I believe that I am not defined by who I am before, because I am now a new creation, redeemed for greater cause.
02/30 of Blogging Challenge